I can’t even begin to describe how awful I feel. The war is over, and Paris is safe, but I still feel like I have utterly failed. How will I live this lie all my life? Where do I go from here? We need to rescue mother, of course, if Athena hasn’t already, but my future is so uncertain now.
Game 9 – The Duel
- Warlich shows up with his whole army a mile outside the temple
- He comes to the temple by himself as an eagle and transforms back to person
- challenges marceline to a duel, we message the queen and her and her guard come to discuss it
- she mentions that she hopes he betrays us all to unify Gaul
- she agrees to accept the duel, and marceline chooses first blood with the dagger.
- after a GRUELING 10 combat round duel, warlich chokes marceline unconscious and stabs himself in the heart with his deer-antler dagger (seriously 4 times we rolled identical on contested checks for grappling)
- the armies take the head of demeter and leave
- the queen tells us to clean up and get ready to return as heroes