- Ship stops in Calydon after sailing across the ionian sea
- They attempt to buy some wheat to make up for what they missed, but someone mentions a lady has been buying it all
- the party sought out this woman. after speaking with Kemoc they find that the lady is in fact looking for them
- They agree to meet her in a tavern, and she requests the presence of Peter Gravois.
- Sirom also accompanies them. at the tavern the woman introduces herself as Hemera
- she is leading a quest to retake Delphi
- she also wants peter’s help to make an artifact for Jaquleene Gravois. Marceline Gravios has given her a letter for peter and the dagger/diamond from Notre Dame
“Peter, it’s Marceline. I have left this letter in the care of a woman named Hemera. The journey I make is long and difficult. I can only imagine the route by sea is not any easier, especially with the news that the sea is on the brink of war. Peter, it is impossible for me to explain what I have learned about what is happening to Jaculeen and I. It is very important that you succeed in getting her to Mt. Olympus. Hemera has proven to be a vague, aloof, and annoying personality, but has also proven to me to be an ally. I gave her with the Dagger and the diamond we found in Notre Dame. She wishes to use it to create an artifact to protect Jaculeen, and needs your help. I know that you were hesitant before Peter, but I believe in you and I know that you can do it. I have received some help, and if all goes according to plan, I may be at Olympus before you. If I’m not, don’t wait for me – take care of Jaculeen immediately. If you have to leave afterwards, do not worry – I will find you. Good luck, brother. Also, shut up, Peter.”
- she is willing to pay in grain and will sell the party a little more grain if they succeed
- sirom agrees and the party sails off to meet her at delphi
- they arrive and the place is infested with undead. the party makes quick work of them, as they are mostly separated, its day time and they can use the sunlight to their advantage, and there is like 30 people.
- They ascend to the top of the mountain, Hemera performs a ritual using the diamond and dagger that marceline gave her and a clay plate like the one used at Demeter’s death.
- the ritual is successful, and just as it completes screams come from the theater at delphi
- the party rushes towards the commotion and finds a giant undead snake fighting the crew.
- after a bit of a battle, the snake is defeated with only a handful of casualties, all to hemera’s men
- the party then leaves, after Adofo steals some treasure and Kek Chisisi steals a book containing some of the Pythia’s prophecies
- they travel to corinth. upon arrival, the corinthian slaves begin to unload the ship in preperation to cross the landbridge
- a figure approaches them from the distance. it is Nemesis. she offers to speed up the process for them in exchange for a bit of her time
- the party agrees, and an earth elemental comes and carries the ship for them
- she takes them into a cave, where they get on charon’s ferry. she talks about her family, the brothers of sleep and death in sparta, and how they were turned to stone during the theophage
- they arrive in megara, she talks about how this used to be a seat of power and that there are other oracles in the world
- she found a street merchant and asked her questions about each party member
in your mind your journey ends
but only now does your life begin
soon you will hear the call
and you must choose to rise or fall
when one breaks free from shackles
the instinct is to run
but have you thought of where to be
when your name rings such irony?
like a sun you’ve begon to rise
following the path of the wise
but when the sun sets on the twelve
into the night, will you delve?
a book of secrets under your arm
it is but a book of lies
written in the house of life
a house that keeps a secret death
- after this, Nemesis returned them via charon to their ship in the Agean sea. they were able to find the remainder of the wheat they needed here and are now sailing towards athens
- Athena told peter of his task – to steal the Palladium from her temple in Athens and return it to Olympus