- On day 2 of the trip, Adofo gets a vision: “Fooled by the apple again…” in Poseidon’s voice.
- On day 2, Kekchissi gets a message: Kekchissi. It is Azizaeshe. It is not often we have a Keeper of the Secrets in the region you are in now. At this point in your travels, you should be in the Ionian Sea, nearing Calydon. On the Gulf of Corinth is an ancient Greek site known as Delphi. There was an oracle there who would provide regular prophecies, and many of these were written down. If possible, I would like you to try and locate any that you can. They may still contain secrets about the future that have been lost. Perhaps they have been moved to the nearby cities of Calydon or Corinth. Be safe, brother, and I wish you the best of luck.
- On day 3, Adofo gets a vision: a woman’s face writhing in a pile of wolf heads and tentacles, swirling around and illuminated by fire.
- The trip takes about 5 days, and they arrive on the 5th night. It is overcast so visibility is low.
- They spot the harbor of Rhegium, but soon realize it is not full of merchant ships, but a war fleet.
- at that moment, peter heard a message from Athena: Peter, Photina, Kallisto – listen. Diokles has just informed me that General Ampelios launched an attack against the minoans at Cyprus from Tyre. Tyre. It seems the war has started, regardless of what the Ekklesia decides. Cyprus was already ready and waiting – as if they were preparing to attack themselves. Kallisto, I need you to remain at Olympus. Inform the other gods, and ask them to inform their clerics to spread the news around the nation. The quicker we can spread the word the better. Peter, continue your course, but be watchful and careful. This is very important – I need you to report to me as you approach Athens. If you stop anywhere, ensure they know that the war is on. Photina, there is no point in you staying for any further Ekklesia. Spread the word in Athens and help them prepare their fleets. Be safe, be strong.
- Just as Peter hears this, lights appear on the horizon behind them. It appears they are now caught between the fleets of Messina and Rhegium.
- The group decides to raise white flags and continue course towards the greeks. They reach the greeks, just slightly before the faster ships of Messina do.
- Aswad also spots 2 shadows beneath the surface. One goes to the flank of Rhegium and a whirlpool begins. They then realize the 2 shadows are Scylla and Charybdis.
- The battle emerges around them. A wave from the suddenly rough waters crashes over the deck, knocking most of the crew down and washing Menaḣiim off the side (he got a crit fail balance check)
- Kekchissi gets up and throws Menaḣiim a tied down rope, he catches it and begins to pull himself back aboard.
- The boat heeled a couple of times, and Aswad fell out of the crow’s nest twice. Each time, he caught the rigging however, instead of falling to the deck. After the 2nd time, he tied himself to the mast with leather.
- At some point a Greek soldier got flung onto the ship by Scylla. He broke his arm, and Kekchissi rescued him, took him below deck, and taped down his arm.
- The group spotted a Minoan ship coming straight at them, intending to ram.
- Aswad put an arrow in their rudder-man, and Adofo prayed to Poseidon for protection.
- A stray arrow hit Capussa in the leg. Another stray arrow that was pitched hit the fore-sail and lit it on fire.
- Sidden and Kemoc took down the burning sail, and Scylla showed up next to the ship, looked directly at Adofo, and stated “A sacrifice for your prayer…”
- Adofo went below deck, brought the Greek guy up, and gave him to Scylla (who ate him).
- Scylla left towards the ship that intended to Ram them. Over the next few turns, she killed all of the sailors on that ship, and destroyed it.
- Capussa took another arrow, this time hitting his other leg.
- The ship finally broke free of the engagement, on the other side of the Greeks. They sailed to the next city.
- They were not able to sell any goods, and only able to purchase 600 amphoras of grain. They missed out on a contracted 2100 amphoras of grain they were supposed to purchase in Rhegium. They also purchased a new sail to replace the damaged one, and then left towards The Gulf of Corinth.
- Over the course of this game, Adofo scored 2 criticals – a balance check and a perception check. He gained Agile feat and Skill Focus: Perception. Aswad also scored a critical perception check and also was given Skill Focus: Perception.
- Also, Peter Gravois failed both fear checks against Scylla and spent most of the battle hiding under the stairs to the sub-deck.
Though this was a major battle, the game was almost entirely skill checks – the only person to make a single attack roll was Aswad, who shot an arrow at the Rudderman of the Messinian ship. Adofo came out of it very vindicated in his faith in Poseidon and the rest of the crew was just happy to have survived.